My name is Joei. Pronounced "Joey". Its not short for anything and I have spelled it correctly. As should you. I am in my twenties. I knit like I am in my 90's. I like animals, problem children, and this guy named Beaver. This is sometimes a fandom blog, sometimes a mental health blog, sometimes a blog about faith and sometimes a blog about feminism. I don't really know what it is...but I have been on Tumblr since 2008 and it has changed tremendously over time.
We shouldn’t have to remind you, but don’t have sex with current or former clients.
Seriously. Don’t ever ever do it.
I was tagged by the FAB-u-lous buttercupandwestley
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends including me so I can see your list.
Oh, Books. Let’s see…
1. Carl’s Christmas. It has one sentence. It’s about a dog. Look up the Carl series.
2. Bastard out of Carolina- Dorothy Allison
3. Stolen Life: The Journey of a Cree Woman- Yvonne Johnson w/ Rudy Wieb
4. The Kitchen God’s Wife- Amy Tan
5. The House on Mango Street- Sandra Cisneros
6. Bones of The Moon- Jonathan Carroll
7. The Namesake- Jhumpa Lahiri
8. Interpreter of Maladies- Jhumpa Lahiri
9. One Small Boat- Kathy Harrison
10. White Oleander- Janet Fitch
I’m ALL about that coming of age novel.
What men don’t understand is that women are FIERCELY PROTECTIVE of underage girls because we remember when we were young and some adult man made us uncomfortable or manipulated us or was inappropriate with us and we were powerless.